Keep Your Hard Earned Money!
United Way’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is helping thousands of Greenwood area families maximize their refunds and credits, and save hundreds in unnecessary tax prep fees.
VITA offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.”
VITA of the Lakelands and United Way of Greenwood and Abbeville Counties will be celebrating its 10th year of assisting low-to-moderate income taxpayers.
Who Do We Serve?
- VITA of the Lakelands serves Greenwood, Abbeville, McCormick and Saluda Counties.
- 2019 Tax Preparation Locations to be announced soon (as soon as we get confirmation).
- Opening Day: Monday, January 28th, 2019
How to Volunteer/Why Become VITA Volunteer
- Learn to prepare income taxes and make a difference at the same time!
- Help the individuals and families in your community keeps more of what they earn.
- No previous tax experience required
- All materials provided for FREE by IRS, minimal weekly commitment.
- Training will be provided at United Center in December and January.
- Other volunteer roles available that do not require tax law training.
Apply to a volunteer TODAY! Click HERE!
Volunteer Recruitment Event
Event Details: We will be having a VITA Volunteer Meet and Greet Event where you can learn more information about VITA, volunteer opportunities and networking with returning VITA volunteers and site coordinators. The event is November 1st, 5:30-7:30 PM, at United Center located at 929 Phoenix Street, Greenwood, SC 29646