Are you up for the challenge?
Behind all of our work are committed and caring volunteers — people just like you — who are giving time and talent to improve the quality of life across our community. There are all kinds of ways to get involved and help further our mission. We’re always on the lookout for experts in multiple fields, including education, finance, public policy and others, who are interested in helping to advance the United Way mission.
Now recruiting 2020-2021 Community Investment Volunteers
United Way of Greenwood and Abbeville Counties (UWGAC) invites you to join us for a very rewarding volunteer opportunity to help make recommendations about investment priorities for Greenwood & Abbeville Counties. We seek to identify a diverse volunteer group of application reviewers to make objective and independent recommendations about funding priorities, based on community impact areas and guided by the unique needs of our residents.
The Community Investment process ensures that dollars raised annually through the United Way campaign are reinvested in our community to help those with the greatest need.
While it is a tremendous benefit to have Volunteers with prior experience reviewing or administering grants, this is not required. However, we desire individuals with a background related to health, education, workforce, financial literacy, health and human services; and have been involved in activities that serve the community within the past 5 years.
Community Investment Application Reviewers are required to:
• commit to learning about the priorities needs of the community through research materials provided by United Way,
• understand the programs under review and work with assigned team to evaluate funding request
• commit to 12-15 hours to attend Community Investment training and required team meetings and actively participate in team discussion to develop final funding recommendations for the assigned proposals,
• reside or work in the region that you are volunteering in,
• review no more than five (5) applications,
• maintain confidentiality,
• be able to analyze applications (i.e., finances and budgets, performance outcome measurements and evaluations, strengths/weaknesses),
• ensure recommendations are objective, fair, and impartial,
• participate in a training webinar and in-person review meeting(s),
• work as a team to make recommendations on application selections and funding, and
• adhere to UWGAC Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedures
Please submit your Community Investment Volunteer application here and someone will contact you shortly.
United Way of Greenwood & Abbeville Counties works ensure that there is a rigorous and transparent review process. Thank you for your interest in supporting our work by volunteering your time and talent and assisting us in selecting community partners to improve the lives of citizens across the region.