United Way of Greenwood and Abbeville Counties COVID-19 Response and Updates
United Way of Greenwood and Abbeville Counties is following all national, state and local information about the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak. When in doubt, call 2-1-1 or visit SC211.org for more information.
Federal and State Resources:
FTC Scams Page 2
United Center for Community Care Updates and Closures:
The United Center for Community Care building houses many of our vital nonprofits in the area. We are working with our agencies in the building to be able to provide essentials services during this time. Below are the updates from our UC3 tenants:
- The Greenwood Soup Kitchen will continue to serve a “bag lunch” from 11:00 until noon, comprising of a cup of soup, a sandwich, cookies, and a drink Monday-Saturday. Volunteers will distribute the lunches at the entrance under the awning. No guests will be allowed indoors. Unless circumstances worsen, this will be the operation until March 31st.
- The Food Bank of Greenwood County: We will be closed starting this Friday, March 17th until April 13th to make sure they are properly stocked and have resources available for our community in the coming weeks. We will resume serving on April 14th.
- La Clinica Gratis: Monday- Thursday 9 am-2 pm: Please note that for medical assessments and questions patients can call the office at 864-941-7980. Appointments for nurse visits, doctor appointments, and telehealth will be conducted by phone. Patients who are scheduled for tele-health appoints can Skype, FaceTime, or use Google Duo using the email address: email@example.com
- BabyNet has canceled all home visits. However, they will receive office visits.
- Westview Behavioral will be working remotely.
- Continuum of Care will be working remotely.
- MEG’S House will be working remotely.
- United Way and the United Center will be working remotely.
- American Red Cross volunteers are working remotely, but they have access to the building and supplies if needed.
- VITA Tax Services are running as a virtual site where SCHEDULED appointments have been notified to Drop-Off taxes today and Thursday and Pick-Up taxes on Friday and Saturday. VITA will be closed next week until further notice, appointments will be contacted.
- Greenwood Habitat for Humanity will be working from home until further notice.
- Thrive Hub/Benefits Screenings on Monday- Thursday 9 am-1 pm: For assistance applying for SNAP, TANF, Medicaid or Medicare, clients can inbox us via our Facebook page or call 864-223-7472 to make appointments during the noted office hours. Translators are available if requested. Once the appointment is made, clients will be directed on how to connect. If needed, we can be reached from 9 am until 1 pm via FaceTime firstname.lastname@example.org and Skype at email@example.com.